Wednesday 28 December 2011

A song and a new toy for Christmas

For Christmas this year, among other lovely things, my clever husband bought me a Zoom H1 Handy Recorder. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's a handheld recording device that you can record onto and upload straight away.



Here is a link to a page about it for more info. http://www.samsontech.com/zoom/products/handheld-audio-recorders/h1/

The great thing about this is that previously, when writing songs, I have been using a proper old school tape recorder stuck on the piano in front of me to get down ideas when songwriting. For those of you born before the 90's you will remember that the quality is very poor, rustly and crackly and although it was good when you were recording your songs when you were 7, it's not very good now.

 So my new Zoom is going to massively help me with songwriting. There are loads of things I can do with it and I have a feeling that creatively it is going to be invaluable. I can just jam around for ages, upload it straight away and listen back, picking out things I like etc..I can quickly play and sing a new song and send it straight over the the band members, and we can use it in band practice when jamming around ideas etc.

Anyway, here is my first go on it. You can change the levels and things and do loads of other stuff I haven't entirely figured out yet but this is it literally just sat in front of me on my piano and uploaded. Miss Crazy Lady is a song that I play with the band with all sorts of cool guitar effects, cool harmonies and stuff so it's a bit lacking with just voice and piano but this is the gist of the song.

http://soundcloud.com/lena-smith/miss-crazy-lady-zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment