Tuesday 10 January 2012

Sing You To Sleep

Here's a new song that I wrote recently. I was writing something to some lyrics that Stu had written and I came up with this minor lullaby type thing. He realised that I'd used words that he'd already written a song to so I decided to keep the music and the melody I had come up with but write my own lyrics. As the music has quite a melancholy feel to it I decided to stick with the idea of a lullaby but with the words reflecting the music so it's about being lonely and not having anyone to sing a lullaby to you.

It's recorded with my new Zoom recorder, I'm just getting the hang of where best to position it on my piano. There are a few creaks from my pedal and a few rattles from the inner bits and bobs but I think this gives you the idea.





http://soundcloud.com/lena-smith/sing-you-to-sleep-zoom

1 comment: