Friday 30 November 2012

2012 News

So, I'm going to start this post off with an apology for being totally rubbish with this whole blogging thing. I've got absolutely loads and loads of Lena Smith stuff to talk about.

I think the last time I wrote on here was about June or July and I'd just written 'Blink of an eye'. Well loads has happened since then so I'm going to tell you all about it now.

The main thing that I have been doing this year and since my last blog update was starting recording with Stu at the amazing Beliefspace Studio.

During August we set ourselves the challenge of getting down the Drum and the Bass parts to 24 of my songs. Nathan and Marcin were absolute pro's and nailed it every time.

We made quite a lot of exciting plans production wise and decided on 14 songs for an album.



Next up was the Piano recording which went smoothly after ironing out a few piano creaks and squeeks. Next up in the pipeline is the Guitar Recording, then we're going to have a little bit of Brass and Strings on some of the songs. We're going to be using the awesome Badcore Horns for all our Brassy needs. Finally the vocals, which I'm really really looking forward to now.

During this time, I've also had a few solo gigs and a massive band gig for my 30th Birthday. I played for the first time at the B-Bar back in October and it was lovely. I highly recommend playing there if you are a musician or going to eat there and listen to lovely music if you're not. It's such a chilled out and cosy vibe.


In October I took part in the new Lionface music video which I'm really looking forward to seeing when it's out.


I turned 30 at the start of November, and to celebrate on the day, we played a full band gig at the JSV.
The amazing Ship's Cat, and Black Friday also played for me and a very good night was had by all.




I had the honour of supporting the brilliant Singer/Songwriter Jazz Morley as part of her 'Stories' UK Tour a few weeks ago at the B-Bar. Also supporting her was Frank Franklin and Calvin Thomas who were also excellent.


So we're just about to start all the guitar recording for the album over the next few weeks so I'm going to try and keep up to date with this blog and bring you some lovely photos of guitars and studios and shiny things.

I've also written a few new songs over the last couple of months and have recorded some more zoom recordings of those as they're not going to be recorded at least for the moment as part of the album or as other releases.

You can find them here on Soundcloud.




No comments:

Post a Comment